Artwork: Lights in the Distance

1.30.2011


Just a few quick sketches from the book I submitted to the Sketchbook Project 2011 Tour. I decided to participate in the Sketchbook Project about 6 months ago, but I started filling the pages with drawings about 1 week before the deadline to mail my book.. whoops.

I chose the theme "Lights in the Distance," which to me, means "stars."

The top drawing was inspired by the song "Furr" by Blitzen Trapper. Actually, if you haven't heard this song please, please, please listen to it. It's my favorite.


The giraffe, above, is supposed to be the detailed version of the Giraffe Constellation (if there was one!) The forest, below, rests beneath a framed starry sky.

5 comments:

  1. these are awesome!!! i really like the theme and think "lights in the distance" can also mean that even in hard times there is always a "light in the distance," something good to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful sketches! I participated in this too and love seeing what others came up with. Great concept!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh I love these!!! (the wolves particularly, intense!) And Sarah, I tried to send you a message to tell you thank you for following me (obviously the message failed lolz it kept making me follow my own blog haha)!! That is really too kind of you. I'm flattered and I appreciate you even being interested in anything I have to say about my life. I love your blog and wish you the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there! Beautiful drawings there. I was wondering which scanner you use to scan those drawings over? I'm drawing a lot myself, and am wondering how to make my drawings look flawless on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your help! I was actually considering a Canon Pixma :) it works great for scanning film photos as well!

    ReplyDelete