Because I really can't wait for a new year to make these changes..
1. Eat less bad food: I know everyone says this, but I really eat too much bad food. M&Ms, chips, cookies, ice cream.. it's fine in small amounts, but I eat way too much of it and it needs to stop.
2. Utilize my closet and for goodness sakes, wear makeup: Working from home has lead me into a routine of wearing sweatpants everyday. Of course I dress up when I go out, but I don't want to wear sweatpants everyday. Plus, I just saw an episode of "What Not to Wear" and Clinton and Stacey said that when you wear sweatpants all day it does not make you feel energized and ready to do a lot of work- which is what I need to do. I need to walk by the mirror during the day and think "that girl looks like she means business," not "that girl looks like she's ready to go to sleep."
3. Hike more: I plan on hiking as much as possible this season. Fall is definitely my favorite season for getting out on the trails. Less blistering heat, more pretty colors.. perfect. Plus a good hike will burn a ridiculous amount of calories for me which is wonderful.
4. Exercise with Boo: Boo and I both need our exercise. He already lost 3 lbs which is a lot for a little dog, but he had to. Dachshunds have to be a perfectly healthy weight because the extra strain on their backs from even a pound is very dangerous for them. He is his perfect weight right now and I need to make sure he maintains it.
5. See my friends more often: This is a hard one because my friends have not so conveniently placed themselves all over the east coast and randomly across the country. If everyone would please move to long island, that would be great, thanks.
6. Work harder: I do work hard, but I need to up my game. It's easy to say "I'll get to that tomorrow," but I really shouldn't say it- ever. Well, maybe once in a while when I need a break.
7. Wake up earlier: I've been doing much better with this whole morning thing, minus today actually. I wasn't feeling all that well so I slept in and now I feel fine, so I think that was a good move. Yup.
8. Use my Canon Rebel: I've been neglecting that guy, but I really love him. I'm going to start using him more. That's what's up.
9. Be more green: explained here!
10. Cook things: Matt and I are going to cook more.. ok Matthew? Matt is a good cook.. I am not. Well, I can make a good stir fry dish and some amazing guacamole. Yeah, I think it's about time I learned to cook another meal. I got through college with my trusty old microwave. Oh I can also boil a mean pot of water to make pasta.
Happy Fall! Now I'm going to walk over to the post office in my summery dress and sandals!