Lately

9.15.2011

Lately... I've been really into watercolors. Yesterday I purchased my first set of watercolor tubes. I've been using watercolor pans that I've had since I was a little kid and the tubes are an amazing upgrade. Probably because they're not 20 years old.

Boo's been sleeping on top of the couch a lot, but he fell off the back the other day. It was really scary, but he's fine. Poor guy.

Matt and I had our first and last Rita's custard/cream ice for the summer. Probably a good thing that Rita's is closing for the season soon- We saved about a bazillion calories. We also enjoyed some lobster rolls over the weekend. Hopefully not the last for the summer. I could easily live on lobster rolls.

I had to postpone my little trip.. the weather today is kinda.. gross and the work just started adding up.  Maybe next week. If the weather cooperates Matt and I will be hiking this weekend. fingers crossed.

14 comments:

  1. that painting looks so pretty :] i haven't used my watercolours or gouache in, it seemed like, forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that artwork is amazing! and oh my gosh, Teddy has fallen off the bed before. i was traumatized for a while. so scary when small dogs fall off high places. especially when they are so easily prone to back problems. love the dachshunds though!
    xo TJ

    http://mrtaylorandhislady.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that's so pretty! It would take me forever to do that :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your awesome works. they are so beautiful :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want a puppy like Boo. So adorable!

    Also, your work is amazing! I love what you're doing with the watercolor tubes. Those stars are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so pretty sarah! thanks for entering my giveaway! :) -Lo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully done! I LOVE your work so much!

    http://number1990.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great watercolors! Your art is beautiful! Your puppy is adorable! I can't believe he fell off the back of the couch! Poor little pup!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Boo is adorableee!
    And your works are really beautiful! I've always been a fan of watercolours, but never got the hang of them... Anyways, great job! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely loooooove watercolors! And I have those exact ones... at least in Wisconsin. They're definitely my favorite media, are crazy versatile and give me exactly what I want :)

    Loooove your top painting. The sky is gorgeous! *squee*!

    ReplyDelete
  11. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Looks so cute! I'm sorry he fell off the sofa, that's a long way for a little guy to fall! Glad he's ok.

    Your paintings are phenom(onal). I just like saying 'phenom', I like to shorten everything :) Seriously, I wish we were friends in real life so I could come over and make you paint stuff for me, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Boo's like a cat wanting to be on the back of the couch, that's super funny! not the fall though, i would have been sciiiired about that, poor pup!

    gosh Sarah, your artwork is unbelievable! even if you didn't get to take your spark on the road, you still really made the most of the days with these beautiful creations. ♥

    ReplyDelete