Artwork: Dream Catcher

4.09.2011

Yesterday, when I was supposed to be working or cleaning or doing anything other than messing around (drawing) I drew this little dream catcher for my blog. I can be a terrible procrastinator. I've been wanting to draw this for a while, but.. like I said- procrastinator.

I kind of love it. I wasn't sure how I was going to design the web of the dream catcher until I started drawing, but it came together after a while.

Marissa is home for the weekend! Yay! I picked her up from the train station on Friday and we immediately went to dinner and hung out for the rest of the night. We took Boo for a nice long walk this afternoon and then ran some errands around town. She's in Manhattan tonight for a friends birthday, so I'm home with Boo and my plan for the evening is to catch up on the blogs in my google reader. So eventful..but really, I'm pretty excited about it!

12 comments:

  1. it's beautiful...you're so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Sarah! I thought that was real for a second! So realistic :) ! And thank you for reading my blog. You don't know how much I appreciate it. It's silly to talk about school so much but I do anyway xD

    So thank you! I love reading what your up to too!

    P.S. - yesterday was procrastination cittyy for me, thus the seven hours today hahaha maybe tomorrow you'll be a bit more productive :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I quite like how you chose to draw the web in a less literal manner. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely drawing. I think the best ones sometimes come out of procrastination or little half conscious doodles. It looks perfect in your sidebar :)

    <3 Lea

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow girl that looks AWESOME! seriously good job :) im in the procrastinator boat with ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. From afar, it looked real, so I thought you actually made one! This looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning drawing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you know what the purpose and sacred meaning of the Dream Catcher and not just another hip chick exploiting the culture. Then I think if you truly knew the meaning you would have accompanied it along with your beautiful drawing to enlighten those who do not know.

    Savanah

    peace-nopales.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey savanah, yes, i know the meaning behind the dream catcher.. i typically don't define the subjects i choose to draw.. plus i think this particular one is so widely loved that most people would know anyway

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is awesome!! I am like you, or you like me... procrastinators!!! its not a good habit

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this! Gosh, you're talented on so many levels!!

    ReplyDelete