100 Things: no. 22

4.11.2011

#22: Buy Cowgirl Boots in Arizona: In the middle of freezing December 2009, my (old) job sent me to sunny, warm Arizona for 5 days to attend a color management conference (Oh I know- nerd!) The conference reminded me of being in school. There were different sessions going on throughout the day, sort of like classes. AND one of my former professors was speaking at the conference.. really just like school! Anyway...


I had a lot of free time in Arizona because the conference sessions ended around 3-4pm everyday. I decided to go exploring and by the last day I'd seen dozens of cowgirl boot stores. Not just cowgirl boots, but entire stores dedicated to cowgirl boots.  I had to have my own. I mean, I'd seen some for sale at home, but let's be serious- we don't have cowgirls on long island. This was my opportunity to buy real, serious boots.


I decided on purple and I love them. They also come in handy for Halloween- I've been a cowgirl for the majority of my former Halloweens. (It's because I not-so-secretly want to be a real cowgirl.)


p.s. I think I said "cowgirl" about 27 bazillion times in this post.

16 comments:

  1. hahaha i love that you said cowgirl so many times! those boots are gorgeous - you've made me want a pair of my own now - do they do them in red?! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! They'd look smashing in red too lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way Cowgirl boots make you walk, I always feel like a total bad ass when I wear my mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally want to own a pair of cowgirl boots! Yours look smashing on you darling. Look at your cute pup...awwwwwwww :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Purple boots sound lovely! I don't have any myself but I would think to own a pair of legit Western style cowboy boots is sha-weet! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the boots! Hoping to find myself a pair someday as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah, where did you find your boots at? Do they do online retail? :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love them! And I guess we don't have the same riding boots. Yours looked so familiar because I allmmost bought the Ralph Lauren ones but went with Franco Sarto instead. So close!

    ReplyDelete
  9. awww love those boots! your dog is sooo cute! i have doxies too... they are the sweetest things alive! color management conference, huh? sounds kinda fun to me!

    xoxo,
    Kristen

    P.S. Cowgirl.

    Had to do it. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love cowboy boots! I have a silver pair I found at a thrift store and I can't get enough of them (but I'm sure people around me can). I love the purple color--that makes them even more of an interesting piece.

    Anywho, I nominated (I guess that's the word) you for an award/sharing thing on my blog. No pressure, but I like cruising your blog and if you had a chance, it'd be cool to see your answers. (:

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think if I ever get a chance to go back to Arizona, I'm going to buy cowgirl boots. I want to go back up North in Wisconsin to buy some moccasin boots because they have Minnetonka outposts like crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi!! Thanks for your comment!
    Great blog and style ;)
    Can we follow each other?? We’re already following you!!!
    Hope you’ll follow us back!!

    Wherever the Sunset is

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh they look amazing! I've always wanted a proper pair, and those are awesome :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay! I missed your blog while I was away!!

    I really need to get a pair too!
    So pretty
    xxx
    Much love, Bailey from Vanilla Blonde

    ReplyDelete
  15. Purple cowgirl boots?? Could there be anything more awesome?? I think NOT!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your pup is SOOOOOOO cute! We have 2 long-haired dachshunds... they are such sweet dogs!




    makinmartinezmemories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete