sunshine & clams

1.08.2012

Last night after Matt and I got back from the city I fell asleep for 2 hours. There's construction going on in the subways and it seemed like every last train was out of service, so we walked everywhere. We figured out that we walked for about 4 hours in all and the last bit of it was about 40 blocks in a row.

We really enjoyed the walking as it was the most beautiful 60 degree January day- record highs according to the weather lady. It felt like spring and I wore a light jacket which I carried most of the time.

Ok, listen up.. if you find yourself in Manhattan make your way down to Otto, a pizzeria owned by Mario Batali. It is so good. We stopped in for lunch and had Gaeta, Scilian and Alfonso olives, artichokes alla romana salad, and vongole pizza which has clams, garlic and mozzarella. We had the kind of meal that causes every passerby to take a second, longing, look. 

We also stopped in Uniqlo; a Japanese clothing store that's made its way to Manhattan.. I think you would really like it; a very fancy suit store; Lord 'n Taylor; and Barnes and Noble so I could pick up a few things including "the Hunger Games," finally. I've been meaning to buy it after reading about 892835 blog posts about how great the books are! You all sold me! I plan on starting it this coming week. 

Ah it's Sunday already. That is silly. I have to do a ton of stuff before I leave tomorrow for Connecticut.. and Boston. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

16 comments:

  1. Your posts from NY are so beautiful! You are going to love the Hunger Games, Im reading the second book and Im so excited for the movie to come out in March! :)

    That pizza place sounds amazing, I'll have to remember that for when we visit! :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. that first picture is oh so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you will LOVE the hunger games. sooo good! enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a lovely weekend so far!

    http://oliveobserver.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems like a great day! So nice to have you back to regular posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on catching up to the rest of the world and buying (soon to be reading) the Hunger Games. hahaha!

    Sounds like a pretty great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmm, new york pizza sounds fabulous! of course, i've never been before, but still. and 60 degrees is so ridiculous! this is definitely one of the weirdest winter's.
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  8. I keep meaning to go check out Uniqlo, it's on my list for sure this week! that restaurant sounds amazing! have a good trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That pizza sounds so yummy, and yes I need to get around to reading the Hunger Games too. What is it you use to edit your pictures? They are so light and bright.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the pictures with this post!! Are they instagram, or are they taken with your regular camera and then edited?
    I've been meaning to read the Hunger games. I just received a kobo for Christmas, so I might give them a virtual go!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sarah! What a wonderful time!! That food is obviously to die for, and hooray for a new fun store! You are gonna LOVE the Hunger Games, add me to the 8000909394 billion that are obsessed!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. good job with the walking! lovely pictures, the weather there sounds great :)

    Katie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh you have made my mouth water! Sounds fantastic!

    I hope you have a safe trip!
    Love from Bailey of Vanilla Blonde

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ha! I't looks like I have to start the hunger games now too!

    PS: these photos are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. what do you do to edit your photos? I love the softness of the colors and the occasional rounded corners :)

    ReplyDelete