(Just an fyi.. I was finally taller than Marissa when I wore those wedges and she wore flats.)
Marissa was in town for the weekend! I love when she's home. I hate when she's at school.. because that means she's not home.
She's in her last semester of her first year of med school.. 2 more weeks until she's home for a little summer break. Luckily, she was able to get home for Memorial Day weekend because the school decided not to give them a test on Monday. This semester they have tests every. single. Monday. Meaning they have to study the entire weekend. No breaks to go out at night or anything.. kudos Med School students, kudos.
On Saturday afternoon we did an insane workout down at the fields where we used to play soccer as little kids. I thought I was going to die... or at the very least- be sick. We tried to do one of the workouts we remember from being on the high school track team. I can't comprehend how I used to be able handle such grueling pain.. and 6 days a week. I guess I lived, sooo.. I'll try the same tomorrow. Maybe.
After we didn't pass out from exercise we went into town with our parents for dinner to consume all the calories we'd gotten rid of.
On Sunday morning we went on a 5 mile hike and then prepared for a little BBQ. I made the guacamole since it's just about the only thing I can make and I love it so much and I wish I didn't have to share it with anyone because it's delicious. Anyway. I love BBQs. Eating outside is so summery and summery things make me oh so very happy because snow does not happen at this time of the year.. at least in New York. Well, where I live in New York.
Lovely weekend. There were definitely some cons though. You know how they say bad luck comes in threes? I think that (at least this weekend) bad luck comes in fives.
1. We got lost on our way to the hike causing us to start 1.5 hours later than we planned
2. I twisted my ankle, fell, and scrapped my knee and shin in the middle of our hike on Sunday
3. I banged my head the cabinet when I got up from searching for Memorial Day themed napkins on the bottom shelf
4. I got jalapeño juice under my thumb and pointer finger nails leaving my fingers burning in pain for 8 hours until we called my Aunt Sarah who knows how to cure everything and I sat for an hour with my hand in a bowl of milk
5. I broke my favorite sandals.. the bottom is no longer secured to the top
Important Information: You guys. If you are going to pick jalapeño seeds out of the jalapeño.. wear gloves.