Mini Road Trip Plan

4.16.2011

Lake Crescent- Olympic National Park- Washington

Last summer, Marissa and I went on an unbelievable adventure. A road trip starting and ending in Portland, OR that covered 2,500 miles and included 4 National Parks- Olympic, Glacier, Yellowstone, Grand Teton and cities like Seattle, Bozeman and Boise. I'd planned over 2 years in advance and literally counted the days starting from 676.

We had the best time together and didn't even fight over anything (except when the GPS broke and when we hated each others music selections.)

2 days after we got home (and it kills me to bring this up) my computer crashed and I lost all of our road trip pictures. I always backup my work, always, but we'd just gotten home and I hadn't gotten around to it yet. Long story short- they're gone- I cried in the Apple store- and that's that.

With this summer being Marissa's last real "summer break" we decided to go on another (smaller) trip. She'll be going into her 2nd year of Med School in the Fall and after that- no more summer for her.

New York- Philadelphia- Annapolis/DC- Shenandoah National Park-
Somewhere in West Virginia- New York

I really want to see Shenandoah National Park and West Virginia. WV is the closest state to me that I haven't been to yet and it's been eluding me for years. I have to cross it off my list, it's driving me insane.

We might have to come up with a more interesting route home. WV to NY is not exactly the most exciting drive. I wish Santa Fe, New Mexico was in the middle.

I can't wait to be on the road again with my sister. I hope we can make it happen! We have a ton of photos to retake (although, these will be taken on the opposite end of the country this time.)

 Rialto Beach- Olympic National Park- Washington
(This TTV image is a fake haha, my photo of course, but I used this frame.)

25 comments:

  1. Awe that's unfortunate about you losing your other photos :( but that's why you guys want to do this other road trip!! It sounds awesomeee! Lots of east coast lovin' on this one lol!

    And ugh, my sister knows the feeling Marissa is going through. She's a third yr. and isn't coming home at all this summer. They get really bogged up with boards and all that "fun" stuff. I hope you guys can figure out your trip and enjoy the heck outta it! :D (lotsa photos too! Shenandoah sounds sweet! TY wiki! haha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is SO awful about losing your pictures, I would cry also!! I hope you have a great time :) Isn't no summer ever again kind of scary to think about???

    ReplyDelete
  3. road trips are absolutely the best! i did NYC to the West Coast last summer and took the blue ridge parkway thru Shenendoah. It is stunning...you will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOOVE road trips! One of my all time favorite things to do! I've road tripped from Florida to Utah and Utah to Alaska! I'm excited to do Alaska to Utah and Utah to St. Louis this summer! :) I've ALWAYS wanted to go to Washington or Oregon though. I need to get around to that soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh noooo! That's the worse when you lose your photos! It's happened to me once and I was devastated - but luckily there are always new fun memories to come, and capture :)

    xox mervi

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so sad about your photos from your road trip :( Your new road trip sounds like so much fun, I wish I had a sister :) I cant wait to see the pics from your trips :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. so so excited about your new roadtrip. i think i'll live vicariously through you, if you don't mind...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! I love you blog! Just saw you commented on my blog! I am very new to blogging, so I am very impressed with yours! I will definitely be following you! I mite even get you to guest blog for me at some point if you are every interested! I tend to go through dry spouts of nothing interesting to talk about! haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. That would kill me to lose photos of an amazing trip like that. Hopefully this one will be even better because you're practically an expert. I want to go on a road trip so bad--it sounds like an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I cant believe you lost the photos, I would have cried too :(
    I want to go on a road trip more than anything. Except mine will have to be around the UK/Europe, and that may not be mildly exciting compared to the USA... one day, one day...

    ReplyDelete
  11. how depressing to lose holiday photos like that!
    at least you still have the memories :)

    your photo's are gorgeous!

    nice blog :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how I wish you could take me with you. (in your backpack?) haha
    So sorry about the photos. Id be crying like a crazy person. But now, you can make it twice as fun.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know exactly how you felt when you lost all those pictures -.- Same thing happened to me a couple of years ago. Boo.
    But now you will have more awesome pictures from your new road trip, yay :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I'm so sorry about your pictures! The same thing happened to me with a video I'd made with friends... :(

    But your new plan looks like fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That sucks! I hope you have fun this time :) x hivenn

    ReplyDelete
  16. stunningggg pics. I'm sorry about losing your pictures x

    ReplyDelete
  17. you're going on a road trip AGAIN? i need to hear more details pleaseee... I want to go to Shenandoah!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh wow, impressive route! i'd love to go on a road trip (:

    http://itscohen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. does your little map mean you're coming to DC/Annapolis??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oohh how fun. I would love to go on a sweet road trip. Work always seems to get in the way of that though. Booo. Someday though I shall tour the US :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome!! You will love West Virginia! Sometimes it gets a bad rap, but it really is a beautiful state! We go hiking, climbing, and camping down there. It's verrry outdoorsy! How exciting!

    And PS - Don't worry, you WILL become a pro at homemade pizza! ;) It just takes a few tries.. trust me, I've been there! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm so sorry you lost all your pictures! I would be devastated! How did you like Boise? (That's where I'm from!) :) It sounds like you have another super fun roadtrip planned! My friends and I are planning a roadtrip to move one of them from Savannah, Georgia back to Seattle, Washington in June. I've never been across the country like this before, but I'm looking forward to it! Happy road-tripping!

    ReplyDelete
  23. How bout taking your mom,hahaha

    ReplyDelete